Saturday, April 4, 2009

Worry

Worry
Life is a bed of roses. Yes.
Though sweetness and love often bless,
In troubled fits I also lay-
Thorns pierce my sides- to my dismay.
5
I knock on the door of Dreams.
Desperate- for an answer.
Life, with her strangling whims
and vines, keeps short her tether.
10
Stallions of day sometimes terrify
more than the mares still behind.
Shall boastful Tomorrow dare defy-
the hold of Yesterday, in my mind?
15
Or shall He join with Her-
fellow mockers, foes of mine.
18
Just an impromptu poem i came up with upon seeing YeuAnn's post of 'The Sky is a Rose'. Sorry that its rather melancholic :p. the inspiration of it is the image of the rose which led me to think of a bed of roses- and to the saying that life is not a bed of roses. Haha. Do give me your input as well. :D

2 comments:

  1. the imagery is powerful and vivid... beautifully evocative haha.

    but a bit confused by the sudden changes of metaphors... how come u changed from bed of roses to a vine to horses... to He and She?

    :P confused haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo, I also want to ask you why i can't seem to have the appropriate spacing for it.

    Initially, Life as I presented it is neutered, and i wanted to present it as a bed of roses, complete with thorns.

    Carrying on from there, as we sleep on beds, we would like pleasant dreams, however Life being a taskmaster does not let one go.

    The stallions of day refers to the worries and frustrations we have in the daytime- it is juxtaposed to the metaphorical nightmare, who is following behind (day-night).I wanted it to represent the inability to fall to sleep because of those worries.

    As for He and She, I imagined Yesterday and Tomorrow as siblings, and what way to know there is life other than the passage of time?

    ReplyDelete